Global Pet Expo is the largest pet product trade show in the country. The PupStyle trend spotting squad was there in full force having a blast like a sugar junkie in a candy store.
Top 5 Pet Product Trends From Global Pet Expo 2013
1. Upcycling-Taking recycled products or vintage materials and turning them into something completely new and unique
2. Prints-Prints are taking center stage in the pet market especially in the pet home interior space. We spotted amazing prints on everything from dog beds to treat jars.Nicole Miller Pet Printed Food & Treat Jars
3. Green Planet-Designers are experimenting with innovative materials like rice starch to make beautiful eco friendly pet bowls to pet poo-pick up bags that are biodegradable with out any sunlight!Dog bowls with a handle made from rice starch
4. Silk Screen Toys-Slik screen photo realistic pictures are showing up on plus toys in all sizes and themes. Your pooch play with a New York taxi cab or chew on Snoop Dog
5. Giving Back-A vast amount of pet product designers and premium pet food companies are making “giving back” to small and local animal rescue groups a priority in their business models.